The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Great Adventure

I'm hunting. Stalking my prey. It's tiny, but fierce. I'll have to be cautious.

There- see it? Right there in the middle of the kitchen floor. It's not moving; purr-haps it thinks it's camouflaged against the dust on the floor. Clearly my prey has underestimated the keen senses of the mighty Charlie Cat. I slink closer on my belly, totally silent. Closer, closer. I ready a paw to strike...

POW! And there it goes! Skitter skitter skitter, right across the kitchen floor. It's faster then I expected, but it's not fast enough!

PAT! goes my paw again, and off goes my prey, trying a different escape route. Foolish thingy, don't you understand that there IS no escape? You are doomed. DOOOOOMED! I bounce and pounce after it- no point stalking now, the gig is up. My prey knows I'm coming. I can almost hear its heart pounding in fear. Time to meet your maker, tiny thing!

One more good swat with my mighty puffy-paw, and- hey! Where'd you go? HELLO? MRROW?

Crap.

Now I have to wait for the kid to drop ANOTHER Cheerio for me to hunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home