The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Stressed

I did a bad, bad thing yesterday. I don't even know why I did it. OK, I know why I did it, but I don't know why that's what I did. Do you follow? No? OK, let me explain...

It's all because The Woman and The Baby went away. They've been gone for about 4 sleeps now, I think (I lose count after 2), and I'm not very happy about it. As a cat, I am opposed to change in any form, and this is a biggie. I'm used to having them around most of the time- oh, they might go out for a walk or go to the store (and maybe bring me some treats!), but they always come back. Now they don't seem to be coming back, and they're not in their beds... I just don't like it. The Man goes to work, and I'm all alone. I'd normally sleep the day away on the bed anyway, but it's always nice to know there's someone there to give me love if I should suddenly need some.

I've been yelling at The Man even more than I usually do. I mean, I always enjoy yelling at him- it bugs him, and it I stare at him while I do it, he gets really freaked out, and that's just funny! But I'm just so stressed these days... yesterday when The Man came home from work, he went into the bedroom to change, and I... well, I peed on the bed. Just yelled at the man and let loose. I probably don't need to tell you that he was even more pissed off than the bed was pissed on. He yelled, and I ran away. I heard him tell The Woman on the phone that he's going to kill me for real this time, not just threaten it like he usually does. He's calmed down a little now, but he's not being real friendly.

It's a cat thing, I guess. We can't talk about what's stressing us out (well... most of us can't, anyway), so we do weird stuff. You know how it is; I know that sometimes when People get stressed, they just want to start yelling or doing some irrational thing. It's the same for us, except we get really cranky, or we start pulling our fur out, or we pee in places we're not supposed to. I didn't have any other way to tell The Man that I was upset. I don't understand what he says when he talks about The Woman coming home. How long is "a week?" What means "soon?"

I'm confused, and I'm sad, and I'm a little frightened that she's not coming back. And I want The Man to love me again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home