The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Friday, September 22, 2006


INTRUDER ALERT! DANGER! DANGER!


Holy Hairballs! There's a dog in my yard!

I am FREAKING OUT. This is not a dog I am familiar with; it is a big yellow one with floppy ears and a black nose. I have been secretly watching from the front door, and I don't think he's noticed me yet. The Woman was laughing at me (again) because she frightened me while I was peeking out, and I flipped out and did my pinball routine all over the house. I got her back, though; she tried to have a nap while The Baby was asleep, and I yelled and yelled until she got up and threw something at me. Yeeeah, take THAT!

WHAT is going on here? We haven't had a dog for months now, and even when we did, this wasn't it. Is it to be my dog? If so, why is it tied up outside? If not, what the heck is it doing in my yard? My People keep going out and talking to it (they call it "Champ"... or "Chimp," I couldn't really hear), but they have made no move to bring it inside. This is probably because dogs tend to be very smelly and messy. Oh, I know they can be nice, but I think even dog people (or dog cats) will admit that they stink. A lot.

Oh, and speaking of intruders, the little grey cat has been hanging out in my yard again. I don't know what she wants. Last time she was here The People got frustrated by the yowling she and her posse (puss posse?) were doing in the middle of the night. I don't like intruders, interlopers, or any other disruptive things that begin with the letter "i". At least the dog should keep her away...

I guess until I find out what's going on here, I'll just keep an eye on things from my spot at the door. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hello Charlie!
I love reading your entries on Catster and now on your spunky new blog - they make me laugh no matter how bad a mood I'm in (and they're especially good for after work on a Saturday!). So thanks heaps for your quirky sense of humour and your general adorable-ness! Keep on rockin' Charlie! You brighten up my days!

5:45 AM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

I love you, Jenny... You have made me purr! :)

5:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home