The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Battle of Wills


Yeah, I know. If you read today's Catster diary entry, you're fully aware of the situation. I'm covering the same ground here because I'm STILL PISSED OFF. She just did it again. Grrrr.

For those of you who don't know what's going on, The Woman and I are currently engaged in a Battle of Wills. I want her to be awake with me at night, and she wants to sleep. This is a problem. I was happy with how things were going, actually; The Baby has been sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG ( the traitor), but for a few nights I was managing to get The Woman up once or twice a night. She thought I needed food, and for some reason she got all mad and grumbly when she found out that I already had food in my dish. Um, hello?!! I just want some company while I'm eating, Woman. No need to get testy.

Now that she has figured out that I'm getting her up for what she considers a "non-life threatening" situation, she has begun attempts to not get out of bed. The big bully has resorted to water guns already on several occasions, but I cleverly thwarted her plans by yelling from beyond squirting range. Unfortunately, she then shut me out of the bedroom, so I had to yell LOUDER to get her up. She wants to use ear-plugs, but (oops!) then she won't hear The Baby if he wakes up. Sucker!!!

What's really ticking me off, though, is her new plan. She has started waking me up during the day. At first I thought this was simply revenge, and she does seem to get some sick satisfaction from singing "Wake up, Puss!" in a horrible voice. I have come to realize, however, that it goes beyond this. She is trying to change my sleep schedule; she wants me to be awake during the day so I'll be tired at night. As if! Is this not the cruelest thing you've ever heard?!! I require immediate legal representation.

So far she's losing the battle. I've been sneaking off for naps at every opportunity, even resorting to sleeping on the bathroom floor once when I was shut out of the bedroom. Can you imagine? Me, Charles de la Puss, sleeping on the BATHROOM FLOOR! ugh! Anyway, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I will prevail.

The Woman says she's not being mean; she's letting me have naps, but not sleep for 5 hours at a time during the day like I want to. I say she is being mean, so I am, in return, not letting her sleep 7 hours at a time at night like she wants to.

I may have to kill her. I don't want to do it, but if she doesn't let me get some sleep, I'm going to go mad. I mean, how inconsiderate is it to wake a guy up when he's trying to sleep?!!

Some People...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home