The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Monday, October 02, 2006

We Are Currently Experiencing Technical Difficulties. Please Stand By.

Dang it.

Have I told you about the Great Conspiracy against me? It's a doozie, let me tell you. There are many facets to the G.C., and one of them involves preventing the composition and publication of my messages, be they diary entries, blogs, or answers to questions. The latest attack comes in the form of computer malfunction, which effectively prevents all communications. Well played, conspirators. Well played.

The first problem is with the letter "H" on the keyboard. Obviously it's not totally malfunctional, or I'd be saying things like "tis computer ere as no "" or noting." Then I would sound like a big Newfie, which I am only by association.* Except then "tis" would be pronounced "dis"... Aw, crap, my train of thought derailed again. Just a sec.

OK, so the H is working, but not consistently. Sometimes The Woman has to hit it 2 or 3 times to get 1 H, and that just slows tings down. There, see that? See it? Conspiracy.

The other thing that They're doing is not letting us on the computer AT ALL. Sometimes it shuts down in the middle of my writing time, and other times it won't start up at all. The Woman says it's because the power cord is loose, and the computer loses power even though she's used about 3 rolls of duck tape to hold it on. Or something like that. I didn't see any ducks, and I didn't know they could fix computers, but whatever. The Woman does weird things sometimes, and I choose not to ask questions.

So there you have it. I don't know who's behind this Conspiracy, but I intend to find out. It's connected to the plot to keep me out of the Upstairs House, I'm sure, and out of various Mysterious Rooms.

I'll keep you posted.



*At this time The Woman would like to officially distance herself from any and all comments Charlie makes about Newfoundland and/or its people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home