The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Come See the Softer Side of... Charles

They say that with great power comes great responsibility, and friends, it's true. I have this advice column on Catster: Charlie Shares the Wisdom. I was answering a lot of questions there for a while, and then there were none; I'm pretty sure that my Very Great Wisdom solved everyone's problems, so there were no questions left to ask. Well, not until last night, anyway...

I went back to check on things, just to make sure that no more questions had come up, and there was one from a kitty who recently went to the Rainbow Bridge... the question being posted via a "medium friend," of course. Apparently this kitty was sick but never let on until it was too late for anything to be done, and her mommy had to let her go... The Woman was crying as she read this. Echo's question to me was to ask if I could make her mommy feel better, less guilty about what happened.

Talk about great responsibility! I usually like to throw a little humour into my responses, joke a little while sharing my great wisdom. Not this time... this was so sad! Now, anyone who knows me knows that I don't like to show my soft side; in fact, the only time I'm prepared to roll over and show my belly is if you're going to rub it. And then I will purr. Mmmm... belly rubs...

[Charlie goes and flops beside The Baby, asking for belly rubs.]

Sorry- got distracted there! Anyway, this was serious, and there really wasn't much I could say; only time really makes the hurt fade away. I tried to tell Echo's mommy that she shouldn't feel guilty, that she'd done everything she could... what else is there to say? I even let The Woman put her 2 cents in, hopng that she could add something. She is not, of course, as wise as I am, and I would normally never allow this... I just hope we helped a little.

*sigh*... it's not easy being brilliant.

2 Comments:

Blogger KJ's muse said...

Aw, you did a great job, Charlie! But what a sad story. Poor little Echo. Still, I'm glad he got to experience such love.

Keep up the good work!

3:12 PM

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Oops, I meant, "glad SHE got to experience such love."

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home