The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Boxes and Boxes and Boxes...

Strange happenings are... uh, happening in my house today. Some of The Baby's things are being packed up in little boxes, and I think the intention is for them to leave the house, as they are near the door. These are things that I have neither seen nor smelled for a few months, as they have been in slightly larger boxes in The Baby's closet, but I still don't like this development. The last time I saw things being put into boxes was when we changed houses altogether; if that's what's happening, I'm not going. I've had enough of that "Moving" crap, and I'll stay right here, thank you very much. Bring my crummy kibble by and give me love a few times a day. I'll be fine... *sigh*

Actually, this seems to be different from Moving. There are only a few things in boxes, and The Man isn't in nearly as bad a mood as he always is when there is Moving happening. It's best to stay out of is way at those times. No, I really think it's just the clothes that are going; The Woman has been on the computer (but not for my stuff), and she says there's a Bay of E that the clothes are going to sail away on. Whatever- it makes no sense, but as long as I don't have to go anywhere, it's fine by me. Just get the boxes out of my living room, and let's get back to normal, OK? Or whatever passes for normal in this loony bin...

Speaking of The Baby, he was trying to give me love yesterday- if you read my Catster diary, you already know this. Sorry. I was asking for it; I was sleeping on the rocking chair in the living room instead of the bed, and the chair is just the right height for him to pull up on 2 feet (traitor!) and see me. He was kind of smacking me, and I was trying to kill him with nasty glares, but he seems to be immune. It's just as well, I suppose; The Man and The Woman seem to be rather fond of the little chap. The Woman came along and showed him how I like to be rubbed, and he seemed to be trying to be gentle, though he's still not great at controlling those little flailing limbs. At least he tried. And then he buried his face in my fur, which doesn't do much for me, but it's kind of cute...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home