The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Deep In It

Friends, I am in the deepest ka-ka poopie ding-dang-dung I have ever been in, EVER. The Man is plotting my death as we speak, and this for something that happened yesterday morning. He has never stayed mad this long before... Usually I've at least got a grudging head rub or "Hey, Puss" from him by this point.

Is this the end of Charles de la Puss?

Oh, you're probably wondering what happened. Well, it was 6:30 in the morning; this means nothing to a cat, of course, I just put that in for the benefit any People who might be reading. I was up in the window over the bed (more specifically, I was on the window ledge, not technically in the window. Just thought I'd clarify that issue). I decided to go back to bed as there was nothing exciting going on out there, so I poked my head around the curtain and jumped down.

And landed on The Man's head.

I've landed on him before, but I think this was the first head-landing. I don't know what happened- I must have slipped. Too bad my back foot (which still has claws) landed on his forehead... and I jumped off him... and scratched him.

It was an accident! You can bet I ran away FAST when he started saying things that The Woman says I'm not allowed to repeat here. His head was bleeding, you see, and apparently Cat scratches sting. A lot. He got up to clean his head (and try to kill me, but I was nowhere to be seen. I'm not stupid!) and The Woman gave him some goop to put on the cut. It went right across the top of his nose, between the eyebrows, and I got his eyelid a bit, too.

Well, what the heck was he doing just lying there with his face right under the window, anyway? HE was in MY way! It was his own fault, really. Still, I can't help feeling a little bit responsible for the jagged red scratch that's on his face today. I tried to tell him that it actually looks really tough and cool, like he got into the world's tiniest knife fight, but he's not listening to me right now.

You guys know I would never have done that on purpose, right? I'm kind of fond of the big guy. Plus, he's WAY bigger than me! I'm so sad now... he doesn't love me anymore, and The Woman was mad- not because I was mean (she knows I'm not), but for doing something so "stupid" and making The Man mad at me. She's trying to give me lots of love to make me feel better, but it's not helping. OK, maybe it's helping a little. But not much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Findlay Furs said...

Charlie, if you need a safe place to stay for a few days have The Woman put you on a plane and send you to my house.

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Man, I hope he gets better soon and starts rubbing your head again.

3:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home