The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Down the Rabbit Hole

Weird stuff has been happening around here, and I swear I haven't even been playing with my Catnip mousie at all.

Last night The Woman came in the door from work (that horrible thing she seems to think is more important than my blog and diary) and she had THINGS on her head. Now, she claims that these were there when she left, but I don't remember that- possibly because I was sleeping at the time. Anyway, when she came in I was just minding my business, sitting on the chair beind The Man while he lifted his "dumbell" (funny, I thought the dog was the dumbell). Then I saw her and I FREAKED OUT. The Woman thought I looked funny; my eyes were wide, my pupils huge, and the fur on my back was standing up as I crept back and forth on the chair behind The Man. I was keeping my eye on those head-things, let me tell you! She took them off and called me a "poor Puss" as she showed me that they were just furry pretend cat-ears that she was wearing for work. Who the HELL pretends to be a cat?!! I mean, I understand feline envy and all that, but to actually wear ears and a tail while continuing to walk on 2 big, clumsy legs? That's just weird. In any case, I calmed down after she cuddled me for a minute (without the ears on her head!), and she promised that she won't wear them in the house any more.

Then this morning there was a knock at the door; this is not unusual, as sometimes a man brings lovely boxes and leaves them for me to sniff. Today, though, there were no boxes. Instead, this guy just comes waltzing in and heads for the bathroom. The bathroom! I was not pleased. I followed him to make sure he wasn't up to anything, and I gave his big, blue bag a thorough sniffing. Smelled weird... He was crouched beside the bathtub for a few minutes, and then he went back to his bag- he almost caught me spying, but I was too quick for him, and I hightailed it to the kitchen and acted casual, like I wasn't doing anything special at all. He left after a while, and he took his bag of strange smells with him. Now there's a new thing on the pipe where The Woman had put silver tapey-stuff a few days ago.

People do the strangest stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home