The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dog-Gone it!

What a week! I haven't had time to write for soooo long. Actually, The Woman hasn't MADE time to write when she's not working, and The Man takes little to no interest in my work. Fool!

Let's see, what have we missed? I'm going to have to review my notes; my memory's not that great. What? Woman, I told you not to use the B-word in reference to me! Catnip burnout, my Arse. IT'S GENETIC! My mother had a very poor memory. I think.

What was I saying? Aah, yes, notes. Hmmmm... oh, here we go. Apparently there's now a website called "HAMSTERster.com", though I really don't know whether this is in any way related to Catster and its mangy cousin, Dogster. Oh, the thoughts that were skittering through my furry little head at THAT news! My top 3 thoughts:

1. I guess "Tasty-Snackster.com" was already taken.

2. Also known as... MENU.

3. Seriously, can we get a mail-order section on there? Pleeeease?

But enough about the tiny treats. More serious happenings have been... happening, and I need to tell about them. Once again, there is a dog involved. Oh, the big yellow fellow has been around a few more times, tied up in the yard, but this is different. You see, we had an OVERNIGHT guest in our house. Here's the story as I understand it:

The Woman and The Baby were out for a drive somewhere outside of town, when The
Woman saw this huge thing standing in the middle of the road. She thought at first that it was a baby moose because of the long legs and big head, but it was, in fact, this MASSIVE puppy. There was no one around, and no cars, and he wasn't wearing a collar. The Woman is a big softie, and she let it get in the car. (I would've been like, "See ya, Pal! Happy Trails, and all that!")

This is where I come back in... I was minding my own business (i.e. picking my back claws with my teeth- or was I picking my teeth with my claws?) when I heard barking in the yard. I went to the door and saw A NEW DOG out there. Can you imagine? I felt my eyes get very big as I watched from behind the door. And then I went to bed. Well, what else was I gonna do about it? Yeesh...

Not long after that, I decided to get up for a snack. The bedroom door was shut, so I yelled to come out. The Woman said, "I don't think you want to do that, Puss!" but she let me out, anyway. And there, right in MY living room, was this huge gangly-lookin' PUPPY. Well, like a year old, anyway. Well, I puffed up my fur and arched my back, because I'm VERY intimidating when I do that. The Woman said I looked like a "Porky-Pine," which I think means that I looked like a fat Christmas tree. Wench. The Dog was impressed, however, and he didn't try to chase me.

He spent the night in MY bedroom, too. He wasn't bad, I guess- I had to hiss at him a few times when he got a little too sniffy, but he knew who was boss. I wasn't sad, though, when The Man took him to the something... I don't know where he went, actually, because The People kept spelling the name of it in front of me. What does "S-P-C-A" spell? Anyway, that's where he went, and The Woman told me that he'll either find his own People there or find a new family. I think she was a little sad to see him go, actually. People are so weird.

So today I'm just hangin' out, catching up on my beauty rest- not that I need it. At least THAT craziness is over! Maybe now things can get back to normal around here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Mmmm... looks good!

Don't worry- looksies, no tasties!

-Charles

6:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home