The daily adventures of a swingin' tom cat... or a lazy housecat, depending on who you ask.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What? New Pussycat?!! Woe, Woe, WOE!!!

The interloper has arrived. I was apparently incorrect in my assumption that "Roxie" would be a little sissy; he is, in fact, a freakin' TANK. He's huge- he makes me look small, and I'm a pretty big guy. He's also extremely fluffy, so it's hard to tell exactly how huge he is. He's a big, orange PUFFBALL is what he is.

I decided immediately upon seeing him that he was not to be trusted. The Man said that I don't like him because (and I quote): "Charlie doesn't worry about people or dogs coming into the house because he knows he's smarter than us- he's a cat. With another cat, though, he doesn't know, so he feels threatened."

Moi? Threatened? I think not! Thanks for the compliment, though- The Man may claim not to like me, but he obviously respects my massive intelligence. This is as it should be. He should know, though, that I am not intimidated by anyone, least of all by Fluffy over there. Oh, that reminds me- they're calling him "Gus", short for Augustine, because they adopted him on All Saints' Day. SAINT MY ARSE. He's a red devil, that's what he is.

No, I just don't like him. I was happy being an Only Cat, and I plan to make my displeasure known every time I see this "Gus", day or night. Actually, I'm pretty tired today; I was up all night protecting my spot on the bed.

The People are trying to suck up to me now, giving me lots of love and stuff. I REFUSE to purr for them. They are traitors. I don't care if he DID need a home. I'm fine with cats getting homes, as long as they're not coming to MINE.

Oh, one more thing: This New Cat just stares at me when I hiss and growl at him, only growling back once in a while, and he as yet to growl first. He's trying to act cool, but I know the truth: he's scared silent. Yep, I'm THAT scary. He'd better watch his back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home